Thursday, December 24, 2009

Girl

girl, i love...

...the way my tee shirt fits you; the way you hold out your hand in the mornings for the first embrace; how you smile when i say something i don't mean to be funny; the way you twist your hair when you're thinking; how very much you laugh when your favorite movie's on; how you drink a cup of hot chocolate; when you say thanks after i make you breakfast; the way you look at me, even when you're pissed at something wrong i did; how you read, serious and stern; when you browse the electronic bins at the record shop; when you read the comic books i know you'll like; when you listen to your new favorite band; when we argue about what's inconsequential; when you accept my apology; when you tell me it's going to be better tomorrow; when you tell me how today's all we have; when you concentrate and furrow your brow; when you turn the stereo to loud; when you try on that new pair of jeans; when we walk along the beach; when you telephone me and say you got home alright; when you call me and ask me how i am; when we plan a trip; how much you care; the way your daughter talks to you; the way we're not polar opposites; and when you say you'll miss me when i'm gone.

warren ellis: 'Another day down the mines of our lives. We drink 'til we stink and smoke 'til we choke because that's how we get things done, you and me. Spending our lives making things and making things out of our lives, because anything else would be dull as hell. And we're damned if we're going to sit at the other end of whatever years we get saying, well, what the fuck was that for? Years of scars, lipstick, and tears. And every day the dawn comes on we turn our eyes up in surprise, saying: there's that goddamn sun again.'

(c) 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment